Monday, May 4, 2009

Another clear MRI, and another great dream.

Just back from Duke Medical Center last week for my routine 3-month followup MRI. Results were clear again! So very glad to still be here, on our stunningly beautiful Earth, having this wondrous human experience. Everyday I feel more and more connected to all that is.

First, a few words about terminology, and the power of choosing your own. A "clear" MRI is not the label the doctors use. They use the word "stable", i.e. no changes, for this best possible result. I won't argue with the perhaps greater precision or accepted medical denotation of their term, but I do pay attention to the subtle emotional impact for me of "stable." To me, "stable" implies a temporary state than could just as easily switch to "unstable." For me, "clear" says, "it is gone, it is over." I much prefer, and choose to use my term of "clear." I am ever more convinced of the importance of "creating my own story" of healing as a way of interpreting the details of my healing journey.

And, two nights prior to my MRI, I received the blessing of another foretelling dream. (See the description of my first great presaging dream in my Feb. 1, 2008 post, below.)

Here's the dream: Ruth Ann and I are on a hike, a "journey," through a meadow. The path starts going around a mountain next to the sea. The track gets very narrow and treacherous as it climbs and circles around the mountain. Precipitous drop off. Very dangerous. Very scary. We don't really have a choice so we summon our courage and push on. Finally, blessedly, the track begins to widen and flatten out. We continue forward and come to a place where we can look down onto a beautiful harbor with about 30 boats, as beautiful as any harbor we've ever seen. We walk down to the harbor and discover its name is Snug Harbor. We stay there for a very pleasant, restoring afternoon. Refreshed, we start out on the trail again. It leads through another meadow. Then, as the trail begins to rise, I realize that we are going around in a circle and will be encountering the dangerous stretch again. I stop us and say, "We don't have to go this way again. We've learned all that we need to learn from that experience." We turn back and return to the Snug Harbor.

I am so amazed and so appreciative for the inner wisdom that comes when we quiet our minds though meditation, dreams, prayer, other methods. May we all be blessed by listening to our "still small voice."

Blue Skies,
Rich

No comments: